DescriptionRHEXE Flex 500 moisture-curing polyurethane adhesive in 600ml sausages.
RHEXE Flex 500 is a high performance, single component, moisture-curing polyurethane adhesive. It is designed specifically for most timber floors and timber parquetry. It has excellent adhesion to most substrates such as wood, concrete and stone with a with a very low emission of volatile organic components (VOC).
– Flexible and elastic.
– Excellent sound dampening qualities.
– Low odour.
– Moisture resistant.
– Easy to clean.
– Colour: Beige
– Application temperature: 5°C to 35°C
– Open time at 20°C: 30 minutes
– Skin formulation time at 23°C and 50% Relative Humidity: 60 ± 10 minutes
– Resistance to dilute acids and bases: Average
– Water and salt spray resistance: Excellent
– Tensile strength (DIN 53504): 1.8 MPa
– Elongation at break (DIN 53504): 600%
– Tear strength: 6.5 N/mm
All surfaces shall be dry, sound and smooth, free of wax, curing compounds, grease, paint, old adhesives, dust and dirt. New concrete surfaces must be completely cured. Ensure the moisture content of the concrete is below 5% or below 65% relative humidity. To assess substrate moisture/humidity levels prior to adhesive application use an appropriate moisture/humidity reading apparatus. If the moisture/humidity content is not within acceptable limits an approved moisture barrier must be applied to the substrate prior to the application of the adhesive. For heated floors, heating should be stopped 48 hours before using the adhesive. You should wait a minimum 7 days before turning on the heating again gradually.
Uniformly extrude the adhesive onto the substrate with an appropriate sausage caulking gun, or spread by an appropriate spatula. Spread adhesive out onto a manageable area. Lay timber into wet adhesive film. Pin or weigh timber down as necessary. Do not walk on the floor for 12 hours. Allow to dry at least 24 hours before sanding.
Use cleaning solvent (such as urethane cleaning solvent).
The normal coverage is 700g to 1,000g per m2 depending on the substrate.
Storage and Shelf Life
12 months in the original, hermetically sealed pails or sausages between 5oC and 25oC.
– Not classified as hazardous.
– Ensure gloves are worn when applying the adhesive.
– If adhesive comes in contact with the skin, immediately wipe off with a dry cloth.
Storage and Usage
Use in well ventilated area. This adhesive has a 12 months shelf life in the original, hermetically sealed sausages between 5°C and 25°C.
Technical Information Document
Material Safety Data Sheet